BEACON HUNT (Rules v.6 2015/05/24)
(MAKE AND FIND BEACON )
Date: 11 June 2016
Time: 06:00 - 10:00 UTC
Participants: all licensed radio amateurs and SWLs
Power: no more then 1 Watt output power
Beacon call: "VVV DE CALL/B CALL/B WWLoc WWLoc BCN HUNT", delay near one minute. 20 WPM.
Example: VVV DE R2AJA/B R2AJA/B KK88XX KK88XX BCN HUNT
(It can send service info after “BCN HUNT” , Temp, PWR, Voltage, also)
The main goal of this contest-game is to increase interest in working QRP with hand-made equipment and listening weak signals.
• Constructor start beacon at specified time;
• Maximum power is 1 W, CW (A1A) ;
• Constructor measure beacon power on 50 Ohm equivalent in home conditions;
• Beacon can be used at home or field location;
• Beacon can be made with fabrique transmitters. Example: Arduino+FT817 ;
• Recommended frequencies:
• Beacons should not use frequencies, recommended IARU for special purposes (CW DX, CW QRS, CW QRP, NCDXF, etc.);
• Beacon must work on 20M, 40M or both diapasons;
• Beacon can change frequencies many times;
• You can use two beacons on 20M and 40M simultaneously, but both of them must have
one WWLoc and same power;
• Self-spotting is prohibited;
• Constructor must create constructor’s log with callsign, antenna type, power, WWLoc, and frequency/time “beacon on/off” table.
• Find and fix beacon’s signals (Call, Time, RST, WWLoc);
• SWL can use internet systems for finding. (RBN, WEBSDR).
Constructor can be a SWL, but scores for own beacon can’t be got.
• A duplicate contact is allowed on different bands.
• WWLoc is needed for log report
• Points for SWL is (one score for one kilometer) * (multiplier)
• Multiplier depends on beacon’s power as M = 5 – Log (Power, mW)
• Final score is sum all points.
I’ve found two beacons: A1BCD 10 mW from 100 km and B2CDE 1000 mW from 1000 km.
I’ll get 100*(5-Log(10)) + 1000 * (5-Log(1000)) =
= 100*4 + 1000*2=2400 points.
A1BCD will get 400 points from me.
B2CDE will get 2000 points from me.
• Points for constructors is sum of own and other SWLs observations, who find constructor’s beacon.
• Point’s rate is common for all participants
All participants will get an electronic certificates with information like class, place in the rating table and the final score. Three participants who took 1'st, 2'nd & 3'rd places will be awarded with diplomas. Participant who took 1'st will be awarded with little electronic trophy.
It is mandatory for awards applicants to share a story and photos which shows an operating conditions, used equipment, antennas. Applicants must submit a reports on e-mail: email@example.com
Submit your SWL log report in Cabrillo (ЕРМАК) format on e-mail.
Submit your constructor’s log report in simple txt format on e-mail.
Comments, stories, photo reports are mandatory.
SUBMIT YOUR LOG’S TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 10 days after the contest round.
SWL’S LOG EXAMPLE:
CONTEST: BCN HUNT DAY
SWL: 14061 CW 2016-07-15 0600 UI7K/B 579 KN95XN
SWL: 14318 CW 2016-07-15 0900 R2AJA/B 559 KK88XX
CONSTRUCTOR’S LOG EXAMPLE:
ANT: Inv-V 20,40M
PWR: 100 mW